To read the entire CanSpam law, click on the link below.
Here’s the “cliff” notes version of what will keep you compliant.
- You must have permission to e-mail a person and have obtained their e-mail address legitimately.
- The from line and reply to line must have a legitimate e-mail address.
- The recipient must have the ability to unsubscribe or opt out easily. You can use a system like http://newsletterville.constantcontact.com to automatically keep you compliant.
- Your e-mails must have a physical address and contact information in every e-mail message. Many people don’t do this but it is simple to correct.
- Your subject line can’t be misleading. It should reflect the contents of the e-mail message.
I know many of you are thinking… “I get e-mail messages everyday that don’t have these elements” and you are right. Even legitimate marketers make some of these mistakes. Don’t fall into this trap and think that you do not have to follow the CanSpam law just because someone else didn’t. Stay safe!
I am not an attorney so please take time to read more about the law or contact your attorney for any questions. Click here. to receive a special report on the CanSpam law.
In our next Blog post I will discuss How to get through the spam filters.
Got Newsletter? Need help getting your marketing up and running?
Contact us today.
Take a look at some of the newsletters that we have created for our clients.
Go to: http://www.newsletterville.com/page2.html
Also, you will find over 10 Free Newsletter Templates to use for your newsletters.
Free templates can be found at:
Call or e-mail if you have any questions.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Gary 740-824-4842 ~ Gary@newsletterville.com
PS - sign up for our Free Newsletter and receive 3 Free Special Reports...Instantly. Click here.
Free Special Reports
- Free Report 1- 4 Time Saving E-Mail Tips.htm
- Free Report 2- Do’s & Don’ts For E-Mail Subject Lines
- Free Report 3- How To Encourage Visitors To Your Web Site
- Plus an added report on the CanSpam law.
PSS – we have boiler plate newsletter templates too. Includes content, formatting, graphics, and layout. For the do it yourself style newsletter.
Go to: http://www.newsletterville.com/boilerplate_newsletters.htm